Summer Travel Must Haves – FOX 31 Denver
We are in the height of summer travel season: summer vacations, weddings, family reunions, and summer camp. No matter what kind of travel you have going on this summer, our local expert Jenn Sloan has some summer travel must haves for the whole family.
- Every trip starts with the right luggage. And you know I love Denver- based eBags brand. They just released this brand new hardside luggage set in this gorgeous navy color. And the set gives you plenty of room to pack for the whole family. Packing cubes are an absolute must! If you haven’t traveled with these before, you MUST get a set. You can pack so much more efficiently, they really help maximize the space. And you can get multiple colors and let each kid have their own color. If you have kids going to summer camp or you camp on the weekends, this backpack is a must. eBags.com
- Talking about packing and saving space – it’s so important for me to have a few pieces that you can use for multiple occasions and don’t wrinkle! I’m obsessed with the slimming 100% pima cotton dresses from Peruvian Connection. You can dress them up with heels or down with flip flops. They pack down to nothing and don’t wrinkle! Peruvianconnection.com
- Traveling with newborns and infants is such a challenge. They need so much stuff and it seems like you’re always losing something. I just found this incredible line of baby clothes and accessories – Goumi Kids – that will be life-saving. How many times have you lost those tiny baby socks or shoes in the airport, airplane, Disneyland, whatever. These little booties are adjustable and guaranteed to stay on. Never lose another sock again! And they make these sleep sacks and footies that are ideal for travel and make diaper changing a breeze. Every piece comes in multiple sizes, including preemie. All made from organic cotton and bamboo and is so incredibly soft. Goumikids.com
- If you’re a mom of a newborn you’ll really need this! Spa-like treatments while you travel. Masktini is a brand new skin care line I just found, and love. Skincare while you’re traveling is a must, and Masktini’s Glow Folio has four face masks all under 3 ounces so you can keep your favorite with you on the plane. Airline travel is so dehydrating, and all the celebs and ditching makeup for masks on the plane. This Woke Bae mask is perfect for just spritzing on as you’re about to take off. And you walk off the plane looking glowing and dewey- not like a raisin. Masktini.com
- And keeping kids on any sense of routine seems impossible while you’re traveling. They’re in a strange place and there’s so much going on. And they definitely do not want to go to sleep. To make bedtime easier, take your routine on the road and give them something to help them feel grounded. Slumberkins has soft cuddly creatures and each one has a corresponding board book that’s lightweight and easy to pack. Narwhal and hammerhead shark are perfect summer vacation buddies. And if you have a worrier – Alpaca was created to carry the load of their worries and take the stress away. Slumberkins.com